Instrumentation & Electrical Technician
Join our team and begin a rewarding career with Itafos!
The Instrumentation & Electrical (I&E) Technician position, based out of Conda Phosphate Operations in Soda Springs, Idaho and reporting to the I&E Supervisor, is responsible for executing work safely, follow policies and procedures while troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing instrument and electrical assets up to 13,800 volts including routine work, shut down work and provide Turnaround support.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Be a strong safety leader.
- Actively support continuous safety improvement and environmental stewardship on site.
- Work safely and responsibility following procedures and electrical safe work practices.
- Troubleshoot and analyze instrument and electrical systems with voltages up to 13,800 volts.
- Use computer tools to record equipment history, document repairs and create work orders.
- Work closely with contractors, vendors and internal departments.
- Actively engage in site safety programs.
- Be ready to go to work at the designated time each day with an attitude that supports a high-performance, team-oriented safety culture.
- Work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Work in all areas of the plant as needed, which will include climbing stairs, working in various environmental conditions (including elevated heat, cold weather, hazard zones, rain, snow, etc.) wearing the required PPE for plant access.
- Complete progression training as required and within timelines outlined by site policies.
- Operate mobile equipment including man lifts and forklifts.
- Be responsive to plant needs including outages and turnarounds during normal and off shift hours.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Idaho state electrical journeyman license with 5+ years’ experience in the electrical field required.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical problems with voltages up to 13,800 volts.
- Experience with three phase motor control and electrical distribution systems.
- Ability to read, understand and apply procedures and policies.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and equipment files.
- Experience with HVAC is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to attend training and complete required skills courses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP.
- Possess an ownership mindset and ability to excel in a team environment.
- Possess troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Team player that treats coworkers with dignity and respect, openly shares information and is engaged continuous improvement.
- Posses high level mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
** Itafos is committed to creating an inclusive workplace and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.**